Research & Resource Center
A lot of the research themes that we pursue are a legacy of the grassroots learning that SIDH accumulated in its time while working intimately with the local Jaunpuri community of the Aglaar River valley. With Sanshodan we intend to build on the existing research and further focus on expanding in the following spheres:
- Critically Examining the Modern Education Paradigm.
- Exploring the Value of Place-based Learning Curricula.
- Assessing ‘Quality’ in Educational Syllabi.
- Assessing ‘Quality’ in Teaching Methodologies.
- Impact of Market, Media and Family on Learning Ability and Environment.
- Comparative Analysis of Traditional Teaching and Learning Methodologies.
- Methodologies for the Formulation, Documentation and Interpretation of Local History.
- Studying the Changing Socio-Economic Dynamics of Local Communities.
- Studying Changing Relationship Dynamics: Aspirations and Factors.
- Understanding the Transformational Impact of Changing Media on Modes of Thinking and Public Discourse.
- Impact of Modern Systems (Political, Judicial, Governance, Education, Health, Technology, Economy) on Traditional Ways of Living.
- Investigating the Value of the ‘Sacred’ in Traditional Indian Society
- Studying the Language, Attire, Food, Lifestyle and Architectural practices of the Jaunpuri Community of the Aglaar River Valley
- Studying the Traditional Songs, Stories, Folklore Festivals and Rituals of the local Jaunpuri community
- Exploring the Impact of Modern Industrial Production on Craftsmanship and Craft-Based Communities
- Linguistic Analysis of Local Dialects and how Idioms and Phrases Encapsulate Local Knowledge Systems
a) notes and reference material gathered from various seminars/workshops that it has curated and hosted, and
b) articles published in its magazines/journals. SIDH intends to collate and compile these in the form of an anthology.